Photochemistry postdoc opportunity in Australia

Date: 12/16/97
Time: 7:11:08 AM
Remote Name: 138.194.192.44

Comments

CSIRO Division of Wool Technology is looking to appoint 3 postdocs early in the New Year. Unfortunately the advertisement which was recently issued in the press for these positions did not include the area of wool photochemistry / photobiology, specifically a project aimed at developing light-stable fluorescent whitening agents for wool. However I have been encouraged to recommend to appropriately qualified candidates that they apply. The trouble is that I don't know any - I was hoping that the advertisement might attract them. If anyone is interested in finding out what is involved in the project, or knows any colleagues, particularly graduate photochemists / photobiologists, who might be interested, I would be very interested to hear from them and I can supply details of how to apply. THIS MUST BE DONE BEFORE DECEMBER 24TH. The following describes the probable research background of potential candidates. >>>> > The Division is seeking a Post Doctoral Fellow to work on a project > aimed at developing photostable fluorescent whitening agents for wool > and other proteinaceous fibres. We are looking for a person with a > relevant Ph.D and proven research achievements in organic > photochemistry or photobiology. You will have developed a good > understanding of photochemical mechanisms and have experience with > standard photochemical laboratory techniques. Experience with organic > synthetic procedures, particularly involving free radicals, would be > desirable. Practical experience of electron spin resonance > spectroscopy would be very useful. Effective oral and written > communication skills are essential. > Your duties will also involve assessment of the commercial viability > of potential treatments in laboratory and industrial-scale trials. Permanent Australian residency status would be an advantage. > <<<< Please pass this message on to anyone who might be interested or who might know of somebody who is. Cheers, Keith Keith Millington Project Leader, Siroflash Surface Treatments, CSIRO Division of Wool Technology, PO Box 21, Belmont, VIC 3216. Phone 0352-464792 Fax 0352-464057

Back to the list of comments